Front of House Theatre Cafe Staff
Applications are now CLOSED.
Are you looking for your next West End role? The Theatre Cafe are seeking a dazzling new team of Front of House staff to mix our signature stagey coffees, new cocktails and serve delicious theatrical meals and desserts.
After being closed since March 2020, we are reopening with a bang, including a brand-new alcohol license, plus a limited savoury menu.
We are looking for team members who are happy to tread the boards as a barista, bartender and waiter. Responsibilities will be shared between the team, who will work on shifts, therefore the ideal candidate will be able to do mix of everything, whilst maintaining a bright attitude in a customer-facing role.
Don’t worry if you don’t have any experience in the coffee or bar world – we are hoping to find a team who loves theatre just as much as us! Apply now if you fit the bill, and we look forward to receiving your application.
All staff will have to be available for three days prior to opening to undergo mandatory training.
- Tending the bar (serving both food and drink)
- Alcoholic drinks including custom cocktails
- Artisanal coffees and soft drinks
- Cash management and use of POS (GoodTill)
- Greeting, serving and escorting customers
- Waiting tables (taking orders, serving and taking payment)
- Washing glassware, crockery and cutlery
- Ensuring the bar and tables remain clean and tidy
- Restocking all food, drink, etc
- Setting up the bar on opening shifts
- Closing the bar and shop at the end of shifts
- Ensuring health and safety measures are in place and upheld
- Checking customer ID
- Supporting and interacting with customers (including theatre ticket sales)
Desired (but not essential):
- Previous experience in a customer-facing role
- Previous experience working as a barista / bartender
- Previous experience with GoodTill
- A keen interest and knowledge of the West End and theatre, including current shows
- Commission on ticket sales
- Complimentary West End theatre tickets
- Free hot and soft drinks
- Discount on food and merchandise
- Opportunity to perform
Check out the latest theatre news.